23 Nov 2014
Amazon Game Studios has a new title available now for Kindle Fire tablets from 2014 and 2013. The action-adventure game is Tales From Deep Space. Players control traveling salesman E and his robotic piece of luggage CASI. The two are attempting to escape the Big Moon space station as it has been locked down. Although […]
Come comment on this article: Amazon Game Studios' Tales From Deep Space is here
23 Nov 2014 4:29am GMT
Pebble announced this week that they are rolling out some major updates for their devices and the Android app for Pebble. On the device side of the house, Pebble is rolling out a firmware update that supports several new languages so that users can read their notifications and alerts in their native language. According to […]
Come comment on this article: Pebble rolls out big updates for devices, Android app
23 Nov 2014 4:11am GMT
When it comes to connecting vehicles, there are a few options. Google has Android Auto, Apple has CarPlay, and the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC) has MirrorLink. Two Sony handsets on the market today opt with the latter of the three. The Xperia Z3 (which we recently reviewed) and the Xperia Z3 Compact come out of […]
Come comment on this article: Sony Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact are MirrorLink-enabled
23 Nov 2014 4:03am GMT
20 Nov 2014
Posted by Leticia Lago, Google Play team
musiXmatch is an app that offers Android users the unique and powerful feature FloatingLyrics. FloatingLyrics pops up a floating window showing synched lyrics as users listen to tracks on their favorite player and music services. It's achieved through a seamless integration with intents on the platform, something that's technically possible only on Android.
As a result musiXmatch has seen "a dramatic increase in terms of engagement', says founder Max Ciociola, "which has been two times more active users and even two times more the average time they spend in the app."
The ability to deliver lyrics to a range of different devices - such as Chromecast, Android TV, and Android Wear - is creating opportunities for musiXmatch. It's helping them turn their app into a smart companion for their users and getting them closer to their goal of reaching 100 million people.
In the following video, Max and Android engineer Sebastiano Gottardo talk about the unique capabilities that Android offers to musiXmatch:
To learn about achieving great user engagement and retention and reaching more users through different form factors, be sure to check out these resources:
- Convert installs to active users - Watch this video to hear from Matteo Vallone, Partner Development Manager for Google Play, about the best practices in engaging and retaining app users using intents, identity, context, and rich notifications as well as delivering a cross-platform user experience.
- Expanding to new form factors: Tablet, Wear & TV - Watch this panel discussion with Google experts talking about cross-platform opportunities and answering developer questions.
20 Nov 2014 2:50pm GMT
By Ellie Powers, product manager for Google Play
Google Play is the largest digital store for Android users to discover and purchase their favorite mobile app and games, and the ecosystem is continuing to grow globally. Over the past year, we've expanded the list of countries where app developers can sign up to be merchants on Google Play, totaling 60 countries, including Lebanon, Jordan, Oman, Pakistan, Puerto Rico, Qatar and Venezuela most recently.
As part of that continued effort, we're excited to announce merchant support in China, enabling local developers to export and sell their apps to Google Play users in more than 130 countries. Chinese developers can now offer both free and paid applications through various monetization models, including in-app purchasing and subscriptions. For revenue generated on Google Play, developers will receive payment to their Chinese bank accounts via USD wire transfers.
If you develop Android apps in China and want to start distributing your apps to a global audience through Google Play, visit play.google.com/apps/publish and register as a developer. If you want to sell apps and in-app products, you'll need to also sign up for a Google Wallet merchant account, which is available on the "Revenue" page in the Google Play Developer Console. After you've uploaded your apps, you can set prices in the Developer Console and later receive reports on your revenue. You'll receive your developer payouts via wire transfer. For more details, please visit our developer help center.
We look forward to continuing to roll out Google Play support to developers in many more countries around the world.
发表者：Ellie Powers, Google Play产品经理
Google Play是一个可让Android用户发现和购买他们喜爱的移动应用程序和游戏的全球最大的应用商店，这个生态系统在全球迅速成长。过去一年中，我们已经扩展到60个国家，让应用程序开发人员可以注册成为 Google Play的商家，其中新近支持的国家包括黎巴嫩、约旦、阿曼、巴基斯坦、波多黎各、卡塔尔和委内瑞拉。
作为持续改进 Google Play努力的一部分，我们很高兴地宣布在中国增加了对商家的支持，让中国的开发者能售卖应用程序到130个国家的 Google Play 用户。中国的开发者现在可以提供通过各种盈利模式的免费和付费应用，包括应用内购买和订阅。在 Google Play 产生的营收将通过美元电汇的方式支付给开发者的中国的银行账户。
如果你在中国开发Android应用程序，并希望通过 Google Play 把应用程序推广到全球，请登录play.google.com/apps/publish 并建立你的 Google Play 开发者账户。如果你想售卖付费的应用程序和应用程序内的产品，则需要再注册一个Google 电子钱包商家帐户，通过Google Play开发者控制台里的"营收"页面进行设置。上传应用程序后，你可以通过开发者控制台设定价格，之后就可以收到营收报告，你将会通过电汇的方式获得收入。
我们将继续增加更多 Google Play 商家支持的国家，敬请关注。
20 Nov 2014 1:56am GMT
19 Nov 2014
Posted by Alex Ames, Fun Propulsion Labs at Google*
We're pleased to announce Pie Noon, a simple game created to demonstrate multi-player support on the Nexus Player, an Android TV device. Pie Noon is an open source, cross-platform game written in C++ which supports:
- Up to 4 players using Bluetooth controllers.
- Touch controls.
- Google Play Games Services sign-in and leaderboards.
- Other Android devices (you can play on your phone or tablet in single-player mode, or against human adversaries using Bluetooth controllers).
- Flatbuffers provides efficient serialization of the data loaded at run time for quick loading times. (Examples: schema files and loading compiled Flatbuffers)
- Mathfu drives the rendering code, particle effects, scene layout, and more, allowing for efficient mathematical operations optimized with SIMD. (Example: particle system)
- fplutil streamlines the build process for Android, making iteration faster and easier. Our Android build script makes use of it to easily compile and run on on Android devices.
- WebP compresses image assets more efficiently than jpg or png file formats, allowing for smaller APK sizes.
You can download the game in the Play Store and the latest open source release from our GitHub page. We invite you to learn from the code to see how you can implement these libraries and utilities in your own Android games. Take advantage of our discussion list if you have any questions, and don't forget to throw a few pies while you're at it!
* Fun Propulsion Labs is a team within Google that's dedicated to advancing gaming on Android and other platforms.
19 Nov 2014 6:23pm GMT