20 Jan 2017
If you use Slack for your workplace and you are involved in lots of conversations across various, then the latest update to the messaging and productivity app should benefit you. They are introducing Threads, a new way of having specific conversations within a channel where you can go more in-depth about a specific topic or […]
20 Jan 2017 11:00am GMT
Samsung is already working on a foldable display and foldable phone. We can expect the smartphone to be unveiled some time in the 3rd quarter. It may even get new rivals in this new category of "foldables". This time, the South Korean tech giant is said to be considering e-ink displays for the phone. No, […]
20 Jan 2017 5:00am GMT
We know foldable phones will be coming someday. That someday could mean this year for some OEMs like Samsung has been rumored to be working on a foldable display. Actually, the South Korean tech giant is already set to launch foldable smartphones in the 3rd quarter. Recently, a patent for a 'fold-out' smartphone design was […]
20 Jan 2017 4:20am GMT
19 Jan 2017
Although the device appears to have been forgotten, Lenovo still plans on sending Android 7.0 Nougat to the Moto X Pure Edition from 2015. When will the software update be released? We reached out to Lenovo for an answer, and the company responded. Here's what a Moto spokesperson told Talk Android: "Timeline [for Android 7.0 Nougat […]
Come comment on this article: Moto X Pure Edition will get Android 7.0 Nougat by June
19 Jan 2017 10:59pm GMT
- Posted by Rahul Mishra, Android Security Program Manager
a new page where developers can find information about all these security issues in one place. This page includes links to help center articles containing instructions and additional support contacts. Developers can use this page as a resource to learn about new issues and keep track of all past issues.
Make sure to check out our new Security for Android Developers page, which highlights the latest security posts, security best practices documents and security checklist. These resources are all aimed at improving your understanding of general security concepts and giving you examples that can help you address app-specific issues.
How you can help:
For feedback or questions, please reach out to us through the Google PlayDeveloper Help Center.
To report potential security issues in apps, email us at email@example.com.
19 Jan 2017 10:00pm GMT
Nintendo has announced a new Fire Emblem game set to come to mobile devices later this year, marking the second big franchise that they've brought to the mobile space after Super Mario Run. The new game, called Fire Emblem Heroes, will launch on February 2nd on the Play Store. It will play pretty similarly to a […]
Come comment on this article: 'Fire Emblem Heroes' coming to Google Play on February 2nd
19 Jan 2017 8:00pm GMT
Can't get through day-today activities without spending way too much time? We know what you need. There's a service called EasilyDo that puts everything of yours into a single spot for simple management. Its app houses emails, logins, contacts, schedules, and more in one place. EasilyDo, which is featured on Talk Android Deals right now, […]
Come comment on this article: [TA Deals] This lifetime subscription to EasilyDo is just $19! (90% off)
19 Jan 2017 7:00pm GMT
Android Developer Story: Wallapop improves user conversions with store listing experiments on Google Play
- Posted by Lily Sheringham, Developer Marketing, Google Play
Watch Agus Gomez, Co-Founder & CEO, and Marta Gui, Growth Hacking Manager, explain how using store listing experiments has increased their conversion rate by 17%, and has allowed them to optimize organic installs.
19 Jan 2017 4:42pm GMT
Testing for growth, by Peak
Hear from Kevin Shanahan, Product Manager from Peak, a brain training app, on how to grow sustainably.
- Test lots of ideas: You can't be sure of what will work and what won't, so you need to test lots of ideas. Peak ran four different tests to try to increase conversions to Pro (their subscriber offering):
- Made the ability to replay games a Pro feature
- Reduced price of Pro by 25% in top 2 markets
- Bundled add-on modules from partners into Pro
- Showed a preview of Pro-only content
- Get the basics right: Start with a great product and have a data-informed culture. Don't only test app features, experimenting your store listing using store listing experiments is also important.
- Build a robust A/B testing process: Having a well-defined A/B testing process and a system for tracking your experiments is key to testing quickly and effectively.
Andy Carvell, former Product Manager at SoundCloud, an online audio distribution platform that enables its users to upload, record, promote, and share their originally-created sounds, explains how they focus on retention to improve growth.
- Design your retention strategy: Apps with poor retention grow slowly. To increase your retention you should:
- Convert new users to repeat visitors by providing a strong onboarding experience for new users and taking a high-touch approach during the first days and weeks.
- Increase visit frequency within this group by providing frequent, timely, and relevant messaging about content or activity on the platform.
- Target returning users who were not seen over the last period, who are 'at risk of churn' users, by giving them reasons to come back for another session before losing them.
- Re-activate lapsed (long-term churned) users with campaigns to remind them about your app and offer an incentive to return.
- Build 'growth machines': Create repeatable processes that testing has proven to positively impact retention, retaining users, and preventing churn.
- Use activity notifications in a personalised and effective way: At SoundCloud there are plenty of things that happen when users are not in the app that might be relevant to them, for example new content releases or social interactions. They tested 5 new notification types, always keeping a control group to better keep track of the impact, and managed to increase retention in a 5%. Watch the video above for more of Andy's tips on making better use of notifications.
19 Jan 2017 9:01am GMT